Small Change, Big Difference
In business and in life we often concentrate on the big projects, the big customers, the “cash cows”. We look for the instant hit, the impressive entrance, the present that they’ll love, the comment they’ll all remember….but research shows that what people value most is consistency and authenticity. Change is scary and unsettling, even when it is pleasant. Don’t believe me? Think of the girlfriend who’s chap has never bought her flowers–suddenly he presents her with some for no reason. What’s the most common response? No not” thank you”, but suspicion–“what’s he feeling guilty about?”
The things you do every day matter more than what you do once in a while. Gretchen Rubin
What little change could you make to your daily life that might make a big difference?
Some questions to start you thinking
- What could I do to free up 15 minutes a day? (use it for exercise/time with kids/ marketing/relaxing)
- What little thing could I do every day to make someone’s life easier?
- What little thing could I look forward to every day?
- What do you do more than you need to every day?
- What small change could you make to what you eat/drink every day?
Some ideas (proven by research to make a big difference)
- Smile more
- Walk more
- Think about all the things you’re grateful for
- Go to bed earlier
- Watch less TV
- Talk to more people
Do you want to make changes but don’t know where to start? Or maybe you know where to start, but haven’t got round to it–that’s where coaching can help. Roundtuit offers a free taster session.
The probability of successfully completing a goal:
10% if you hear an idea
25% if you consciously decide to adopt it
40% if you decide when you will do it.
50% if you plan how you will do it
65% if you commit to someone else you will do it